Tuesday 17 June 2008

Sissinghurst, UK

Sissinghurst Castle and Garden
I was here nearly two years ago to the day with my uncle and aunt, it was nice to return, seeing things in a more educated and I think (although I hate to admit it) appreciative light.


Eschscholzia 'Inferno'

Cerinthe majore 'Purpurascens'





In the white garden at Sissinghurst, and at the back of most perennial borders across the country you will find Crambe, a floriferous tall plant of the Brassicaceae family (Cabbages etc).




Paeonias, one of my new favourite plants - they ARE far
more delicate and beautiful than a rose...



A cultivar of Trollius.


Views from the tower where Vita Sackville-West wrote her poems.


Don't knock it if you havn't tried it. Trust me...

1 comment:

  1. And I'd so love to go back there with you again,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete