Monday 24 March 2008

Morocco - Souqs, Odd Smells and Citrus - Images

It was a week before Greg and I were to fly out of Luton airport north of London to Santiago de Compostela where we were to spend a week walking the last 100km of the Camino de Santiago. After a conversation over the phone and a mad idea put forward by myself to go to Morocco instead, we made some rough plans and went to it. We hired a car and drove through Portugal in a day, then onwards to Malaga where we visited Gregs uncle before hopping a boat to Northern Africa, Morocco.

We haggled our way to Chefchaoun and then caught a bus to Fes where we had to make a slightly early departure due to some manic bag sales gone wrong, then saw the beauty of the desert before being consumed by the cultural capital that is Marrakech.

Below is a selection of other photos from my Moroccon travels.













































1 comment:

  1. Ant,
    I love that you keep your friends like me updated on your adventures!! Your trip sounds amazing... Quite interesting I agree with the beauty of the plants in the middle of a DUST FILLED CITY.. I love the picture of you and Greg on the Sand Dunes.. A couple of hotties!!

    Miss you tons.. Love ya Mikaela xxoo

    ReplyDelete